211 Manitoba is a searchable online database of government, health, and social services that are available across the province. The service helps Manitobans who are looking to find the right community or social resource but don’t know where to start. 211 Manitoba also makes it easy for service providers and first responders to direct others to the right resource.
Services are grouped together into categories that include food and clothing, housing and homelessness, health, mental health, employment, newcomers, children and parenting, and youth.
At this time, 211 Manitoba is available online only. Our goal is to move to full-service 211 which we anticipate including phone, text, and/or chat capacity.
Why use 211?
211 provides a single access point to a community’s full range of social, health, and government services. It can help you navigate the large number of resources available so that you can find the ones most appropriate for you or your loved ones. Services listed in 211 may help with concerns such as finding home care for an aging parent, dealing with a troubled teenager, experiencing an addiction, or adjusting to life in Manitoba.
What help can I get from 211?
211 can help with day-to-day needs and finding support for stressful situations before they escalate into a crisis. 211 can also provide support in the following situations, for example:
- Looking for home-care supports for seniors or individuals with disabilities
- Accessing the job market if you have barriers to employment
- Looking for resources related to an emergency or disaster (e.g., shelter during times of extreme weather)
- Needing housing and supports for homeless individuals
- Looking for services for youth and/or their parents
- Needing parenting support and resources
- Looking for alcohol and/or drug detoxification and treatment
- Having difficulty meeting your basic needs (e.g., food and rent)
- When you or someone you support requires mental health support
- If you recently moved to Canada and need support connecting to resources
- If you’re a service provider looking for resources for a client
How do I find the information I’m looking for?
Unlike a traditional search engine, the 211 Manitoba website search function allows similar services to be found together. There are three ways to search for information on the 211 Manitoba website.
- Quick Links: You can click on the quick link (the coloured icons on the home page) that most closely relates to the issue for which you are looking for support. Once you do, the site will provide you with a set of ‘sub-links’ or sub-categories, allowing you to focus your search. The site will then provide you with a number of options that meet those criteria.
- Key Word Search: If you do not see an appropriate quick link, you can type in the sort of service you are looking for in the search bar. If the term has a lot of services associated with it, a drop-down menu will appear, allowing you to select the best option to meet your need.
- Organization Name: If you know the name of the organization you are looking for, you can type it directly into the search bar. This will take you to the organization’s listing, including a directory of all the services it provides.
*To improve your search results, make sure to enter in your city/town or postal code.
2 months ago / Comments Off on mb.211.ca