What to Expect
Our volunteers are made up of individuals, families, church groups, schools, social service organizations, and businesses. Each of these partners help us deliver meals directly into the homes of our clients every day.
All deliveries take place between 11:00am and 1:00pm.
Volunteers pick up their route from one of those centers and deliver hot meals to clients living in that neighborhood.
One route consists of about 15-20 meals and takes up to 2 hours to deliver.
- Meals are delivered city wide Monday – Friday. Saturday and Sunday deliveries are limited to the Health Science Centre and Concordia Hospital areas.
What Do MOW Volunteers Do?
Volunteers deliver meals into clients’ homes between 11:00am – 1:00pm. Drivers and servers are needed 7 days a week.
How Do I Get Started?
- Complete the Volunteer Application Form
- Call or e-mail us to make an appointment for an interview/orientation
- Provide us with three references
- Drive a route with a Volunteer Trainer
- Choose a route and schedule that fits your lifestyle
What Do I Need to Get Involved?
- Volunteer drivers need a car and a valid drivers licence
- Volunteer servers need access to one of our delivery centres
- Reliability and punctuality are key qualities for all Meals on Wheels volunteers
What Kind of Commitment is Involved?
Our scheduling is flexible. Volunteer terms exist for as little as one month to our longest serving volunteer of 40 years! We have snowbirds that deliver meals during the summer months, and cottagers that deliver meals in the winter. We have some volunteers who prefer a regular shift once a week, and others who book on casually based on their work schedules.
We will help you find the schedule that fits your lifestyle.