Volunteer with Meals on Wheels
Volunteers are the heart of Meals on Wheels. As a volunteer, you are responsible for delivering meals to seniors, elders, people living with disabilities and people recovering from injuries – all within your neighbourhood.
- Two hours of your time once a week or twice a month
- A valid driver’s license
- A vehicle or partner willing to drive
- Three references
You don’t have to volunteer year-round to make a difference. If you can drive for a couple of weeks, a month or a season, we’d love to have you on our team.
What Do Volunteers Do?
- Deliver 10 to 20 meals between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Volunteer on weekdays and/or weekends at a frequency that suits you
- Pick up meals from one of our 13 delivery centres across Winnipeg and deliver to the neighbourhood of your choice
- Enjoy a flexible schedule
- Receive a gasoline honorarium for each route you serve
Does your company encourage volunteering? Why not organize a group in your office to share a Meals on Wheels delivery route over lunch breaks? By volunteering once a week or twice a month, your company can have a big impact on your community. Why Volunteer?
- Help individuals in your community enjoy healthy, independent living
- Assist families in answering the growing needs of their loved one
- Meet new people in your neighbourhood
- Keep active with light exercise at your own pace
- Complete the volunteer hours required by your education programs
- Make a difference without making a huge commitment
Get started today! Download our volunteer application form or call our office at 204-956-7711 for more information.