(204) 956-7711 | info@mealswinnipeg.com
Community Resources | Contact Us +100%-

Caregiving & End-of-Life Care

Caregiving & End-of-Life Care

Caregiver Advisory Committee
The Caregiver Advisory Committee provide the Minister of Healthy Living and Seniors with information, advice and recommendations about: caregivers and caregiver supports, programs, services policies and legislation that relate to caregivers and caregiver supports and promoting recognition and awareness of caregivers.

Hospice and Palliative Care Manitoba (HPCM)
HPCM provides community based support, education and companion services at no charge. It supports adults of all ages who have life limiting illnesses, their caregivers and those who are bereaved. Programs and services include: volunteer companion program, bereavement support services and information and education through the Compassionate Care Course.

Rupert’s Land Caregiver Services
Rupert’s Land Caregiver Services offers a range of support services for family caregivers of persons 55+ such as: city-wide short-term respite care, transportation in southwest Winnipeg, support groups, information and help in problem-solving, referral to other community services, telephone support, conference for caregivers, community educational presentations, workshops on caregiving and aging and The Caregivers Page newsletter.
Email: rcls@mymts.net


Long-term Care

Long Term and Continuing Care Association of Manitoba (LTCAM)
The LTCAM is a provincial membership based non-profit organization that works to advance the delivery of quality long term and continuing care, services and resources with advocacy, education and networking. Membership represents long term and continuing care bed/suites representing non- profit (49 %), and private (51%) retirement, independent living, as well as supportive housing and personal care home residences across Manitoba. The website offers a “Where do I Start” navigation section that will guide you through the options when you or a loved one needs services, assistance or care.

Personal Care Homes and Placement
A personal care home or supportive housing may be the most appropriate care setting when you can no longer manage within your home or an alternative community setting. You must be a Canadian citizen for 5 consecutive years prior to need of placement and permanent residents of Manitoba. Applications are reviewed by an assessment panel to decide on the most appropriate environment where care needs can be met. For more information about personal care homes or placement, contact your home care case coordinator or call the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Long Term Care Access Centre: 204-833-1760 or visit: